Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Camelback Mountain

Over the weekend I ventured out to Camelback Mountain, it was awesome and a great experience! It is only about a 20 minute drive from where I live on campus, something fun to do and it's close! I have never really hiked before, and of course I chose to take the difficult path. It was full of boulders and steep pathways to climb up...luckily it had railings to assist you in your hike. The day was very hot, so I chose not to push myself and I made it about 1 mile on the path. Not making it all the way up, I am definitely going back, but on a cooler day! This was one of my first adventures out into the area, more to come I hope!
Here are some pictures of the day:
This is how the path started!
Then I had to get myself up this...
This was part of the path.
NICE view of downtown Phoenix!

4 comments:

  1. Very cool Garrett!!! :) I'm so proud of you! ;) That looks like a fun hike--you better make good choices and take plenty of water and snacks with you...a walking stick wouldn't be a bad idea either :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice Desi! This definitely could have came in handy! I brought water and that was about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garrett...have I taught you nothing about snacks!?!? ;) Remember that when you take Kelly to the Grand Canyon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Yes...you have taught be a lot about snacks. I just didn't have any. I could maybe be getting some soon potentially;)

    ReplyDelete