Thursday, June 16, 2011

Downtown Phoenix Adventure!

Over the weekend the other interns and I went and explored Downtown Phoenix. We walked around for five hours, luckily we were surrounded by tall buildings so it was mostly shaded and not terribly hot. The day was good and we took a lot of pictures and saw a lot of cool things. The Downtown area has Ambassadors walking the streets for people like us who didn’t know what we were doing. They told us where to go and what to see, which was very helpful. I was also able to show the other interns the Downtown Phoenix ASU campus since I got a tour of it and they hadn't so that was nice to be able to show them around. Some other things that we saw included: Chase Field where the Diamondbacks play, the arena where the Phoenix Suns play, the Phoenix Convention Center, which had a bunch of different art pieces inside and outside that you could look at, and pretty much the whole Downtown Area in general. Here are some pictures from the day:

This is on the Downtown Phoenix ASU campus...they call it "The Jellyfish", it lights up at night and I hear it looks pretty cool!
At Chase Field...I'm hoping to go to a Diamondbacks game sometime this summer.
This is right outside the arena where they play.
Some art made completely of sand...pretty cool!
Lots of tall buildings...which I always enjoy seeing.

Just another adventure, I'm very thankful for all the experiences and things I get to see this summer! I am going to the GRAND CANYON this weekend! I have never seen it before and is something that I really wanted to do while I was down here, so I am glad the other interns wanted to go as well.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool experience man. If you go to a diamondbacks game, catch a fly ball for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will certainly try! I don't have the best track record of catching things...haha, but maybe I will get luckly!

    ReplyDelete