Friday, June 24, 2011

Miscellaneous Work Updates

Today marks the end of my 5th week of my internship. That means I only have four weeks left…so time continues to fly. Everything has been going well, today I will be going to Gilbert Gateway which is a marketplace in Mesa near the Polytechnic campus to do my last area of vendor outreach. Previously Rebecca and I have outreached to Tempe Marketplace, Mill Avenue (in Tempe), and Downtown Phoenix. I have been following up with all of our new contacts in the past couple of weeks trying to get more committed sponsors.

Over the past five weeks I have contacted a lot of vendors over the phone, but also have had some in person meetings with the following places:
·         Sunflower Farmer’s Market
·         Bank of America
·         GPA Insurance
·         Wal-Mart
·         Swift Charities
·         Windmill Suites
·         City of Chandler
·         Verizon Wireless
I have really enjoyed these meetings, and they have all become committed sponsors to ASU Fall Welcome Events.

I had a meeting yesterday at Wells Fargo Arena where the check-in process takes place along with the vendor Welcome Zone opportunity on the fall move-in days. This meeting was to discuss the setup along the concourse and outside of all different stations; a lot went into finalizing plans, mostly to make sure that nothing was going against fire code. I am currently working on mapping out where each of our 28 vendors and counting will have their tables setup for the Welcome Zone.

I have two more training sessions left on the next couple of Mondays, and I am looking forward to them. They are Spirit, Pride & Tradition and Social Entrepreneurship.

So these are just some miscellaneous work updates…but everything is going great! Whoo! Kelly is visiting me this weekend, and I am very excited! We are going to San Diego and going to the Zoo/the beach. We are going to have a lot of fun! This is by far the most traveling I have ever done…so it’s pretty cool! Grand Canyon last weekend, San Diego this weekend…awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment