Monday, June 13, 2011

Meeting with RHA Advisors!

I am working throughout the summer on vendor outreach for Fall Welcome Events, but other areas within University Housing are interested in doing some outreach of their own. These other areas like to set up meetings with the area that I’m working in to see what we have done and to find out more information on how to get started.

I had a meeting with two of the RHA Advisors last week. They are interested in doing some outreach to vendors to help sponsor the many conferences students attend throughout the year. Since I have attended some of these conferences, they thought it would be good to have me to help them brainstorm what they need as RHA to get to these conferences and to what extent vendors would want to get involved. I really enjoyed sitting down and talking to them, it was nice to use my experiences from conferences and what I have learned from my internship so far.

They are looking at having vendors help fund the costs associated with conferences and donate materials or giveaways. An option that we discussed would be creating sponsorship packages, that would most likely take the form of having vendors give a monetary amount and in return RHA would provide them opportunities to reach the ASU/conference population. Some ideas were to include the company logo on the delegate conference t-shirt, allowing vendors to come to campus to do some tabling in high-traffic areas, invite the vendors to come to RHA programs throughout the year, putting the company logo on the RHA website, and giving them involvement in Finals care-packages. This was a productive meeting, and I felt like I was able to help them get started with something that their RHA has never tried before.

No comments:

Post a Comment