Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Third Week...Really? and Vendor Outreach

So I am in my third week of my internship and I can’t believe how fast time is moving, it feels like I was just driving here yesterday. Things are going great and are definitely picking up speed. On Friday, my supervisor and I did some vendor outreach using the marketing materials that I put together. We went to the Tempe Marketplace and went store to store talking with managers or employees that were working. It was nice to get out of the office and walk around a shopping center for a couple of hours. We went to about 30 stores that we didn’t have contacts from and got to update our vendor list with their information. We will see how successful this was, but we did talk to one excited manager from Nationwide Vision who was very interested in getting involved and reaching the ASU student population.  We plan to make visits to other shopping centers throughout Tempe and Phoenix in the coming weeks, so I look forward to that. In our vendor outreach efforts so far we have a lot of committed vendors and have generated just over $50,000 in sponsorships!

No comments:

Post a Comment