Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hoover Dam and Las Vegas Weekend!

I am already at the midpoint of my last week in Arizona, still can't believe how fast it has gone! The other interns and I took our last big trip for the summer, we went to Las Vegas and on the way up we made a stop at the Hoover Dam! I have always wanted to see the Hoover Dam so it was awesome that we were able to stop...it was great to see! It was weird to think about how much water it was holding back and how much concrete went into building it. Las Vegas was a good experience as well, I enjoyed seeing all the sights and walking down the strip at night. We did a package deal of dinner and a show, we decided to see the Lion King and eat at Strip Steak which was all at the Mandalay Bay. This was my favorite part of the weekend the dinner was delicious and was by far the fanciest dinner I have had, and to top it all off the show was very cool! Here are some pictures of the weekend!
I enjoyed this view a lot!
Great to see such a cool structure!
Very tall bridge that was awesome to see too!
New York New York!
Now I actually have to go to New York...
You can see everything in Vegas!
Not the greatest picture, but we stopped to watch the water show as we were crossing an overpass!
Such a great show!
We went to a parrot show on our last day, this was another great thing to see! This lady was or is on America's Got Talent this season...her birds are trained well!

I had another great trip...it is amazing to me how much I have seen and done this summer! I am going to a Diamondbacks game tomorrow as my last big thing of the summer, then I will finish up my last two days at work and then I will be off to Maryville! I'm excited!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for all your hard work this summer, Garrett! Don't forget move-in is Aug 13-14. You'll be here to help me babysit all these people, right?

    :-D

    Good luck this year!


    PS- I'm totally jealous that you ate at StripSteak! I got hitched at Mandalay Bay and we were supposed to have dinner there but it didn't work out :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we definitely do need to go to the real New York!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am extremely proud of how you attacked this summer's internship and all the opportunities for sightseeing. I see a little travel bug in you ready to explode! Congratulations on your accomplishments! And welcome home!

    Can I go to NY with you and Kelly someday????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soo sad, so long, no posts :(

    ReplyDelete